Hamburg Wheel Tracker
Fully complies with AASHTO T324 2019, Caltrans 389 2019, TxDOT 242F 2019, and all other state specs
Waveform RMSE 1.02 mm
Includes automatic creep & stripping curve analysis
Not imported, proudly made in the USA
Fully Stainless Steel Construction
The Hamburg (Immersion) wheel tracking test is used to evaluate the resistance to rutting and moisture susceptibility of asphalt mixtures. AASHTO-T324 is the generally referred to test standard, although many states modify this procedure to meet their specific requirements. Outside of the US both AASHTO-T324 and EN12697-22 are followed.
The Hamburg wheel tracker is built to withstand the demands of the busiest test labs. It is made of high quality stainless steel, uses the standard cantilevered arm system of loading the specimens and produces fully sinusoidal motion.
In the NCHRP report – Hamburg Wheel-Track Test Equipment Requirements and Improvements to AASHTO T 324, the Cox/Cooper Hamburg was clearly the best performing machine. Since then the heaters and water flow have been uprated, resulting in more rapid heating and improved temperature control.
A number of Hamburg wheel trackers fall purporting to meet the standard fall short of current AASHTO requirements and may fall further behind when the norm is updated. Please be sure to verify the important parameters in the standard are met by the machine. The Cox/Cooper machine meets all the requirements of the standards.
The Cox Hamburg Wheel Tracker will output more precise and accurate results than any other Hamburg machine – guaranteed.
- Fully meets all the requirements of AASHTO T324 2019
- Fully meets all the requirements of Caltrans 389 2019, TxDOT 242F 2019, and all other state specifications
- Fully meets the sinusoidal motion requirements required by AASHTO 324 2019
- Performance verified in NCHRP 219 Hamburg Wheel-Track Test Equipment Requirements and
- Improvements to AASHTO T 324
- Mechanical recirculating water bath for accurate control of the water temperature to better than ± 0.9 °F (0.5 °C)
- Air hood option for dry tests
- Three temperature probes to ensure accurate temperature control and measurement.
- The wheel can reciprocate at between 10 and 40 cycles per minute, but is configured to run at 26 cycles per minute.
- Anytime remote access support
- Constructed from 300 series stainless steel – no low quality painted or plastic parts
- Shielded electronics
- LVDTs are correctly positioned in line with the center of wheels
- Can be configured to measure from 1 to 230 points along the wheel path
- Report generator for AASHTO T324 2019 and every state standard.
- Built in the US, not imported
|Wheel Speed||Variable between 10 and 40 cycles (20 to 80 passes) per minute|
|Measurement points||1 – 230|
|Wheel Load (lbf)||158 ± 1|
|Slab Thickness mm (inch)||40 – 100 (2-4) (different thicknesses can be tested with spacers)|
|Rut Depth Transducer Range mm (inch)||50 (2)|
|Temperature Range °C (°F)||Ambient to 70 (158)|
|Electrical Supply||220-240V 25 A, 60Hz, 1 Ph|
|Dimension (W x D x H) mm (inch)||1430 x 1380 x 1260 (57 x 55 x 50)|
|Estimated Weight Kg (lb)||687 (1520)|
A fully stainless steel, super stiff frame, which produces the most precise accurate results of any Hamburg wheel tracker on the market.